Recipes for the tastiest salads
Modern menus offer the tastiest salads in such abundance that you'd think they were inventions of today's chefs. In fact, this is not the case. The products of fresh herbs and seasoned green salads have been enjoyed by people since the beginning of culinary history in every corner of the world. The predominance of crops for salads depends on the geographical location and climatic conditions.
Conventionally, all salads fall into several categories:
- Fruit. Fruits have different properties: some darken quickly in the air, others are preserved well. To prevent the former from losing their quality, they are treated with fruit juices that protect against oxidation;
- Citrus fruits. Oranges, lemons, grapefruit, limes and others are used in recipes for tasty salads as a main ingredient, and the constituent dressing. In the first case, the pulp is filleted, gently peeling off the skin and white film;
- Vegetable and leafy. The most popular variety with a wide variety of techniques and processing of ingredients. Simple vegetable combinations are prepared elementarily: washed, chopped, dressed. Drying is very important before cutting the vegetables. Otherwise, moisture can liquefy the dressing and make the flavor less intense. More complex may include food processing techniques such as: boiling, baking, frying. They are then cleaned, seeds removed, and cut into pieces in a suitable manner.
- Cereal and pasta salads. Recipes with photos involve cooking the base until it is ready. If pasta or grits do not finish cooking, they will absorb moisture from the dressing. Flavors are enhanced not only by salt and pepper. Citrus juices, herbs, and vinegar add nice accents.
- Legumes. Dry legumes before cooking the salad should be boiled until tender. If the recipe involves a mix of different types of beans, it is better to boil each individual species in a separate saucepan. Because the cooking time differs, depending on the variety and size of beans. Unlike cereals, it is not recommended to season the dish long before serving. This is because acids can make the product harder.
- Unmixed. Before making a salad, it is important to think about the combination of its components. On a dish, they are placed next to each other, but they are not mixed into a single mass. Often for this reason they are served as an appetizer rather than an accompaniment.
- Warm Salads. Cooked salad ingredients with slightly or moderately heated dressing. Her task - slightly warm components of food. There is another type of warm salad - when the ingredients are prepared using heat treatment.
Each of these types is appropriate in everyday and festive menus. After all, in order to be vigorous and healthy, half of the daily diet should be vegetable food. That's why quite a lot of attention is paid to salads, they are desirable dishes of any meal.
You do not have to be a culinary guru to prepare a very tasty salad. It is important to know and follow simple rules:It is important to know and follow simple rules
- Different ingredients in the same dish should combine well with each other. Contrasting flavours are a good basis for experimentation. Conflicting flavours are a path to defeat.
- Each ingredient of a dish must be so flawlessly prepared that it could claim to serve on its own. In doing so, combining it with the others would be an embellishment for it.
- When laying out the components or presentation of a dish, remember that its serving should arouse appetite and desire to eat.
- Choosing the right dressing is 50% of the success of any dish. Conditionally, all tasty salads recipes with photos recommend to cook with the addition of oil-based sauce (vinaigrette dressing, aioli, etc.), citrus or mayonnaise base.
Warm coleslaw with bacon
We offer a variation of the warm salad, the ingredients of which will be prepared with the use of heat treatment. The process is quick, simple and the result is delicious.
You will need:
- 25 g. bacon;
- 14 g. butter;
- 50 g. red onions;
- 5-10 g. garlic;
- 450 g. Savoy cabbage;
- 25 ml. sherry vinegar;
- 15 g. sugar;
- 0.5 tsp. cumin seeds;
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley;
- Pepper, salt.
- If you do not know what salad to make from available products, we suggest this delicious and uncomplicated option. Cut the bacon into thin strips.
- Heat a sauté pan, lay out the bacon strips. Fry until the fat has melted and the consistency is crispy.
- Peel the onion and garlic. Chop the onion into small cubes. Chop the garlic with a knife.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the scallions onto a plate.
- Add butter to the fat.
- Put garlic and onion, fry until translucent (3 minutes).
- Slice cabbage.
- Add to the saucepan, stir to coat all the leaves with fat. On this basis, you can prepare new salad recipes with the addition of mushrooms, smoked sausages, chicken breast or vegetables.
- Over low heat, cook for up to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the cabbage is relatively soft, add the vinegar, cumin and sugar.
- Bring to a bubbling boil, cook for 3-4 minutes to allow the leaves to become tender.
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper, stir, serve warm.
Green Mix Salad.
A mixed green salad is a good starting point for experimenting with all kinds of things. You can serve it classic with an oil-based white vinegar dressing. Or add an unusual flavour combination with roast breast, smoked fillet, salmon or feta cheese. Such additions will help each time to come up with tasty salads recipes with photos new, as well as pleasantly please relatives with successful experiments.
For the salad will require:
- 100g of Boston lettuce leaves;
- 100g lettuce;
- 100g. romano;
- 100g green lettuce;
- 100 gr. red leaf lettuce;
- Salt, pepper to taste.
For the dressing, prepare:
- 30 ml. white wine vinegar;
- 1 gr. mustard;
- 2 gr. chopped shallots;
- Salt, pepper;
- 1 gr. sugar;
- 80 ml. olive oil;
- 1 gr. chopped parsley or tarragon.
- Prepare the dish by preparing the dressing. The preparation process is quite simple: combine mustard, vinegar and shallots finely chopped in a bowl. Leave it to stand for 30 minutes.
- After the time has passed, add salt, sugar, chopped greens specified in the list of ingredients for the salad. Recipe with photo is very tasty.
- Stir, refrigerate for later use.
- Wash, dry the lettuce leaves, soaking up the moisture with a paper towel.
- Tear into bite-sized pieces or chop.
- Mix in a large bowl or portion 100g of mixed lettuce into 5 bowls.
- Drizzle with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir so that the dressing spreads evenly over the leaves. Serve or refrigerate if you have to wait until serving.
Mixed salad with dressing.
If you want to pleasantly surprise everyone and prepare an amazing salad, the most recipe you can repeat from this publication. In it, we will complicate the base suggested above. Also, if it seemed too neutral to you, we suggest adding 100 grams of arugula. Spicy mustard-nut accent will be a successful highlight of the leaf composition.
You will need:
- 500-600g leaf lettuce;
- 10 slices of turkey filet;
- 10 slices of ham;
- 10 slices salami;
- 3 eggs;
- 140 gr. cheddar;
- 140 gr. gruyere;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 40 gr. cucumber;
- 3 gr. chives;
- 150 ml. red or white wine vinegar;
- 50 ml. olive oil;
- Salt, pepper, mustard to taste.
- Before making the delicious salad, roast the turkey. Cut the fillet into 10 maximum equal slices. Fry each one on both sides until browned.
- Cut the salami and ham into thin slices. Then shred the slices in straws.
- Boil eggs in hardboil (after boiling boil on low heat 8-10 minutes).
- Peel eggs, cut into wedge-shaped slices.
- Cut the cheeses into slices.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedge-shaped slices as well.
- Cut the cucumber into medium-thick slices.
- Chives are included in many tasty new simple salads. Shred the vegetable finely.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves, lay them out on a towel. Blot the excess moisture with a napkin.
- Tear the greens with your hands into free-form pieces, mix in a bowl.
- Place salami and ham, eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheeses, onions.
- Mix vinegar, oil, a little mustard and spices in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Bean salad tacos
Bean salads aren't just tasty - they're filling too. With the right ingredients and dressings, they unfold in a whole new way. Follow our tips, cook recipes for the most delicious salads and you are sure to have an amazing restaurant-level dish.
For the salad you will need:
- 0.5 kg beef;
- 400g lettuce;
- 5 tortillas shaped like bowls;
- 150 gr. white and black beans each;
- 140 gr. tomatoes;
- 30 gr. red onions;
- 140 gr. cheddar cheese;
- 10 black black olives;
- 70 ml. sour cream;
- 240 ml. puree of tomatoes, onions, chili peppers.
For the taco sauce you will need:
- 10 ml. sunflower oil;
- 80 ml. tomato puree;
- 10 ml. chicken broth;
- 4 gr. ground cumin;
- 2 gr. chili powder;
- 10 gr. onions;
- 1-2 gr. garlic;
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- Taco dressing will help you to prepare the most delicious salads. Recipes with photos prepare a simple technique for preparing the sauce. Peel the onion, chop it.
- Fry in hot oil until brown.
- Add minced garlic, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chili, cumin and oregano, stir.
- Add tomato puree, stew over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, evaporate liquid for about 20 minutes over low heat.
- Purée, pass through a sieve.
- Many people believe that the most delicious salads are made with beef. Recipes with photos appear for every taste, and here is one of them.
- Chop the beef finely with a knife.
- Cut the lettuce leaves using the chiffonade method (fine chopping in thin long ribbons).
- Cut onion and tomato into cubes.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil.
- Fry the chopped beef on a hot surface.
- Remove the cooked meat with a slotted spoon to a plate and mix with the taco sauce.
- Place a portion of the lettuce chiffonade in the bottom of each tortilla bowl.
- On top of the lettuce, place a layer of white beans, then a layer of black beans.
- On top of the beans, layer the beef and gravy.
- Next layer - tomatoes with onions, olives. Serve as quickly as possible to prevent the tortilla from getting soggy.
You may also like:
Pasta with minced meat: recipe in the oven
Sponge cake roll: cooking recipe
Easy Doughnut Recipes
Trout Cooking Recipes
Do you like our articles? Sign up and look for tasty and useful ideas on chefmarket.ru ????
Check out our menu!3 dinners for 2 with free
delivery for 1990 rubles View menu