Potato cutlets: favorite recipes
It's nice to have tender cutlets with a golden crust for lunch or dinner. Interestingly, you can cook such delicious things even without meat. We have gathered for you several recipes for potato cutlets that will allow you to take a new look at this popular product.
Such cutlets can be prepared from just potatoes or add other ingredients. So it is easy to find a variant for everyone, taking into account gastronomic preferences. Use our recipes for potato cutlets with photos and please your family and friends.
A classic recipe for potato cutlets
This is the easiest way to cook potato cutlets. They are cooked quickly, and all the products required for their cooking, you do not even have to specially buy in the store.
We will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh potatoes - 1 kg;
- Wheat flour (for breading) - 50 grams;
- Sunflower oil (for potato "stuffing") - 1 tablespoon;
- Salt - according to your taste.
We will fry the cutlets in sunflower oil, so you will need more than one tablespoon of it.A classic recipe for potato
Potato cutlets are prepared from mashed potatoes, so first we will prepare, actually, it:
- All potatoes are cleaned, washed and each one is cut in 8-10 pieces (in order to boil quickly). Then we boil on medium heat in salted water for 17-20 minutes.
- Readiness of potatoes check with a knife. When sliced tubers cooked, pour off the water from the pot and put it literally for another 10-12 seconds on the stove to evaporate the rest of the water.
- Then add sunflower oil to the potatoes and turn it into mashed potatoes using a hand "pusher" or blender. If necessary, add salt (to taste).
- Let the puree cool a little, and then proceed to forming and frying cutlets.
- Our hands molded from the mashed potatoes and send them to the heated frying pan with sunflower oil.
- Fry them for a couple of minutes on both sides - until a distinctive yellow crust.
Here is such a simple recipe for mashed potato cutlets that go great with sour cream.
Potato cutlets with mushrooms
Let's diversify the classic recipe a bit and add mushrooms to the potatoes. The cutlets turn out incredibly delicious, appetizing and hearty.
For the mushroom version of potato cutlets you will need:
- Potatoes - 1 500 grams;
- Onions - 1 onion;
- Champignons - 200 gr;
- Green onions - 20 grams;
- Butter - 20 grams;
- Egg - 1 egg;
- Wheat flour - 130 grams (1 cup);
- Salt - 3 teaspoons;
- Sunflower oil - 150 ml;
- Dill - 20 grams;
- Breadcrumbs - 5 tablespoons.
The listed ingredients are enough for 10 servings, so no one will be left hungry.Potato cutlets with mushrooms: step by step recipe with
Traditionally, we start with boiling potatoes:
- Potatoes are cleaned, washed and transferred to the pot. To cook the tubers faster, cut each into 4-6 pieces. Pour water into the pot (to cover potatoes completely), pour one teaspoon of salt and put on medium heat. Potatoes will be ready in about half an hour (check the readiness of a knife).
- While potatoes are boiling, let's deal with other ingredients. Shred and peel the onion with a knife.
- We put a frying pan on the stove, pour a tablespoon of sunflower oil and put chopped onions. Salt (enough 0.5 teaspoon of salt) and fry over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring all the time.
- About 1-1.5 minutes before the end of this time, add chopped green onions, mix and finish frying them together.
- Pour off all the water from the cooked potatoes, and then add a piece of butter. Knead the potatoes using a "pusher", then pour a glass of flour into them and mix well.
- Then add fried onions, pour one teaspoon of salt and mix thoroughly. Then add finely chopped dill and mix again.
- During this time, mashed potatoes will cool a little, so you can then add the raw egg and mix again.
- The mushrooms are cut into very small cubes and also added to the mashed potatoes. Knead it one last time - our potato-mushroom stuffing is ready. Now we can proceed to making cutlets out of it.
- We form mashed potatoes into cutlets, roll each one in breading, and put it on a hot frying pan with sunflower oil.
- On the first side we will fry on high heat. As soon as the crust is formed, we turn it and finish cooking over low heat.
Potato cutlets according to our recipe is a self-sufficient dish, so it is served on the table on its own. The only thing you really need is some sour cream.
Potato cutlets with crab sticks
Mashed potato cutlets made of mashed potatoes will be appreciated by everybody, and the children will be especially delighted. They turn out very beautiful, delicious and tender.
In this recipe, we can't do without the following products:
- Potatoes - 350 grams;
- Fresh carrots (small) - 1 piece;
- Crab Sticks - 120 gr;
- Egg - 1 egg;
- Hard cheese - 50 gr;
- Wheat flour (as breading);
- Salt and ground pepper - at your discretion.
If desired, you can also add some special spices for potato dishes.Cutlets from potatoes and crab sticks: step by step
The first thing we need to get boiled potatoes:
- Clean the tubers and boil them in lightly salted water. To cook potatoes faster, cut them into 8-10 pieces - in this case they will be ready in 15-20 minutes.
- Completely drain the water from the potatoes and mash them. Then let it cool down a bit.
- In the cooled mashed potatoes we beat a chicken egg and salt and pepper to taste, and then mix well.
- Crab sticks are cut into very small cubes. Cheese and peeled carrots through a fine grater. Mix these three components and add them to a pan with mashed potatoes.
- With the received ingredients, knead the potato mixture, from which the cutlets will be made.
- Using your hands, form small cutlets from the mashed potatoes and roll each one in flour. To make them neat and tidy, you can even them with a knife (flat).
- Heat a frying pan with sunflower oil over medium heat and lay our cutlets.
- Briefly fry on each side - just a couple of minutes, until the golden crust.
If you are looking for the most delicious recipe for cutlets from potatoes, then this option claims this title. Serve to the table with sour cream or your favorite sauce and your family will be delighted.
Potato cutlets with carrots
When someone says they don't like vegetable cutlets, they just don't know how to cook them. We just recommend that person to cook potato cutlets with this recipe and they will change their mind.
The products you will need are quite simple:
- Potatoes - 900 grams;
- Fresh carrots (small size) - 1 piece;
- Wheat flour - 4 tablespoons;
- Manna - 50 grams;
- Sunflower oil (for mashed potatoes) - 2 tablespoons;
- Salt and spices - to your taste.
You can use both regular ground pepper, or just your favorite seasonings. The main thing is not to add them too much.Potato cutlets with carrots: step by step recipe with
The main time in the preparation of such potato cutlets takes boiling potatoes and then frying:
- Peel all the potatoes and two-thirds (about 600 grams) of them cut into 4-6 parts and send to boil. In about 25-30 minutes the potatoes will be ready, after that we turn them into mashed potatoes.
- The rest of the raw potatoes we grate on a coarse grater and mix with carrots, which we also pass through a grater. Add the mixture to the main course and mix it.
- Then we add semolina and flour and again mix thoroughly and set aside for a quarter of an hour.
- After that time, add sunflower oil (2 tablespoons), salt and pepper (season) at your discretion and stir for the last time.
- From the resulting mass mold cutlets and lay them on a baking tray. Grease it with sunflower oil, and preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Bake for half an hour at the same temperature - the cutlets should be covered with a delicious golden crust.
With what to serve to the table - you decide. Mashed potato cutlets with the addition of carrots in this recipe are great combined not only with sour cream, but also with various sauces, as well as chopped herbs.
Moscow potato cutlets
Why this variant of cooking has exactly such a name, it is not known for certain. Perhaps the capital's inhabitants really liked potato cutlets in such a recipe. And there really is a reason to love it - it turns out very tasty.
For "capital" potato cutlets, we will need:
- Potatoes (medium size) - 10 pieces;
- Onion - 1 onion;
- Egg - 2 pieces;
- Butter - 3 tablespoons;
- Wheat flour (w/c) - 3 tablespoons;
- Sour cream - 4 tablespoons;
- Greens (parsley, dill) - to taste;
- Salt and pepper - to taste.
In addition, you will need sunflower oil for frying, and for serving - sour cream.Moscow potato cutlets: step by step recipe with
Potato cutlets are made from mashed potatoes, so with its preparation we will start:
- Peel potatoes and cut them into slices of medium size and arbitrary shape. Then put them in a saucepan, pour water (you can pour boiling water straight away) and put them on the stove. After boiling, you need 20-25 minutes, so that the potatoes will boil, and we will deal with onions in the meantime.
- Peel the onion and chop it with a knife. Then, we send chopped onions to a heated frying pan and fry in sunflower oil until golden brown.
- Drain the ready potatoes and use a pusher to mash them. Let it cool a bit and continue our cooking.
- Pour the mashed potatoes with fried onions, beat the raw egg and salt and pepper it. Thoroughly mix all the products and get the "stuffing" for our cutlets.
- Heat a frying pan with sunflower oil and proceed to form the cutlets. We make them by hand, baste in flour and send to the frying pan.
- Fry for 1,5-2 minutes on each side - the cutlets should be covered with a golden crust.
We put ready potato cutlets, prepared according to our recipe, on a dish, on top sprinkle finely chopped dill and parsley and serve for a family dinner together with sour cream.3 dinners for 2 with free
delivery for 1990 rubles View menu